'Masarap balik-balikan 'yung moments–you'll fall in love again'
Landmark Y. Meneses and Ma. Melanie Anne R. Advincula kept their engagement shoot theme simple: sweet and fun. Mel Anne says this idea allows them to be their natural selves in front of the camera, avoiding any awkwardness especially for people who aren’t used to photo or video shoots.
LM and Mel Anne took the time to research and look up different suppliers, and also scheduled their pre-wedding film and photo shoots on different days to avoid being too tired and compromising the quality of their photos and videos. While many couples try to make the most of a day or even arrange for a long shoot versus two days, LM and Mel Anne’s route is also wise to consider as one’s photos and videos are some of the things couples are left with after all the celebrations. Mel Anne puts it best, "masarap balik-balikan ‘yung mga moments sa pre-wedding film and photos. It will make you fall in love over and over again just by looking at your photos and watching your video."
Below, Mel Anne gives Inspirations.ph more tips on how to achieve beautiful pre-wedding photos and videos:
What was the theme of your prenup shoot?
Sweet and fun.
Any special reason why you selected this theme?
We chose the sweet and fun vibe as our theme so that we can act normally or naturally and do poses comfortably which fits our personality.
Tell us about your planning process. How did you put it together? How did you collaborate with your suppliers?
The moment we started planning for our wedding day, we immediately researched on our major suppliers and we looked at their portfolios. It is very important because from there, you can decide if the photography/videography team can achieve your dream pre-wedding film and photos. So, when we finally had chosen our suppliers for photo and video, we set a meeting with them and we shared our ideas and locations we wanted then the suppliers also suggested some of their ideas which they think will be the best for our shoot. We opted to shoot the photo and video separately, due to advise we gathered that having the shoot together in a day would be very tiring and we don’t want our photos to look like we’re strained or worse.
What advice or tips can you give to couples planning their prenup photoshoot during this time?
- Research, check the style, reviews, and portfolios of the suppliers.
- Invest in photo and video suppliers kasi masarap balik-balikan ‘yung mga moments sa pre-wedding film and photos. It will make you fall in love over and over again just by looking at your photos and watching your video.
- Make sure that you know what theme or concept you are comfortable with. Mas maganda parin talaga yung kalalabasan ng photos at videos ‘pag natural lang. Mas nakaka-kilig titigan at panuorin lalo na pag alam ng mga taong kilala kayo ‘yung love story niyo.
- For the locations, trust your suppliers because they know better kung saan ang shots and angles ng place ‘yung maganda
- Practice your smiles, poses, and postures. Mag-practice lang kayo lagi para pag dating sa shoot, hindi kayo na-a-awkward sa mga poses niyo at alam niyo kung anong angle ‘yung maganda at bagay sa inyo
- When choosing your clothes, make sure na bagay ‘yung damit sa theme/concept ng pre-nup niyo and dapat talaga comfortable kayo kasi yan po talaga ang importante, pwede din kayo humingi ng advise sa suppliers niyo or sa coordinator niyo ng mga color palette para you can choose and make a perfect match, not only for your outfits but also with the location.
Did this story inspire you? Share it now!
The Dream Team
Coordination by Faith and Love Events | Photography by Reverie | Videography by Bencio Films | Hair and makeup by Studio On Fleek, Justin Fernandez, and Jhulie Tanaza | Locations: Azzura Beach Resort Zamboanga City, River in Brgy Salaan Zamboanga City, Rice Fields in Brgy Mercedes Zamboanga City, and Reverie Photography Studio